Clyde Acree Recreation Area

The Clyde Acree Recreation Area is a 680 plus acre area off of Highway 49 near Horseshoe Bend.

This parcel of land was donated by Marian Tucker to First Baptist Church of Dadeville under the request that it is used for church recreation activities. Mrs. Tucker was married to the late Robert Tucker and worked as a teacher and with her husband at the Tucker Insurance Agency in Dadeville. Following his death in 1955, she assumed management and superintended investments in insurance, real estate and timber.

Tucker donated land for the construction of the Lake Martin Community Hospital and helped to create the Dadeville Public Library and the Tallapoosa Historical Society. She served on the Board of Directors for the Camp Hill Bank and as a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution. She served on the music and pulpit committees at First Baptist Church during her lifetime.

The community of Dadeville named her “First Lady” of the city in 1967 and one of the “Persons of the Year” in 1991.

This year there has been much renovation to the property and many activities that have taken place. These activities include hunting in a designated area, as well as fishing in the main pond which is stocked with bream, bass, crappie and grass carp for control.

In the future there will be many improvements and more activities for First Baptist to enjoy on the property.